Click here to return to
- No purchase is necessary to register/win.
- The Checkered Flag Challenge is open to legal U.S. citizens age
21 years or older living within the immediate broadcast area
of WAFL-FM, WNCL-FM, WXDE-FM, and WYUS-AM.
- The Checkered Flag Challenge is a feature of select Delmarva
Broadcasting radio station websites, specifically Eagle977.com,
Cool1013.com, Delaware1059.com and WYUSam.com/LaExitosa.com.
Winners are selected from the best scores of all players from
all participating websites combined.
- You may only submit one entry per week. If more than one entry
from the same person is found, only the first submission will be
accepted, regardless of whether those entries are submitted from
- We encourage playing each and every week of the contest. As
opposed to other Delmarva Broadcasting contests, you may play
again immediately after winning, to help your chances of
winning the grand prize.
- Each week's NASCAR race entry form is posted by 5pm on Monday
of that week. There are two sections to the entry form:
- Bracket Section: This section lists the top 50
drivers as currently listed on the official NASCAR.com
Standings Page, broken into four brackets in order of rank.
The first three brackets each contrain ten drivers, while the
fourth bracket contains twenty drivers. Brackets will change
throughout the contest as drivers' point standings change.
- Wild Card Bonus Driver Section: This section lists
all the drivers as currently listed on the official NASCAR.com
Standings Page. Each driver may be chosen only once, so the
list will change throughout the contest.
- To enter, complete the weekly online entry form by selecting
one driver from each of the four brackets, and one driver from the
Wild Card Bonus Driver section. All entries must be received by the
deadline posted (which will be approximately one hour prior to
the time listed as race start on the official 2013
- Entries will be scored based on the finishing
position of the drivers selected, starting with 43 points for the
winner, subtracting one point for each successive position, down to
1 point for finishing last. Your weekly score will be the combined
points of all drivers you selected.
- NASCAR awards drivers bonus points for winning the race,
leading a lap, and leading the most laps. We do NOT
award these bonus points in the Checkered Flag Challenge.
- Scoring is based on the drivers you pick, not on
team or car number. You will only receive points based on how the drivers
you pick fare. If there is a substitute driver on a team for any given
week, that substitute driver is credited with the points he wins,
NOT the driver who usually drives that car.
- Our scoring method does not factor in whether a driver is competing
for a Sprint Cup championship. If a driver races in a Sprint Cup race, you
can earn points for picking him/her. (This pertains to the NASCAR
rule that drivers can only earn points in one series. If a Nationwide
Series driver races in a Sprint Cup race, they do not earn Sprint Cup
points. But you will still earn Checkered Flag Challenge points if
you pick them.)
- For a full breakdown of the points schedule and scoring example, please
- Weekly scores are accumulated and tallied for "monthly" scores.
"Monthly" prizes will be awarded after every 4th race. The player
with the highest score at the end of a month period receives the
monthly prize. Monthly scores are reset to zero after a monthly
prize has been awarded. Here is our schedule of month periods:
Note that our schedule includes only the 36 Sprint Cup Points events.
The season starts with the Daytona 500, and does not include the
NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race or Showdown.
- Month 1: February 11 - March 17
- Month 2: March 18 - April 21
- Month 3: April 22 - May 26
- Month 4: May 27 - June 23
- Month 5: June 24 - July 28
- Month 6: July 29 - August 24
- Month 7: August 25 - September 22
- Month 8: September 23 - October 20
- Month 9: October 21 - November 17
- At the end of the 4th Month Period (on June 23, 2013), the
player with the highest total score wins the first-half grand
- Upon awarding the first-half grand prize, all total scores will
be reset to zero and Wild Card Bonus Drivers reset for the start of
the second half of the contest. The above process will be repeated
to find the second-half grand prize winner after the final race of
the 2013 season, using only the races in Month Period #5 and later.
- In the event of a tie at the end of a Month Period or one of
the contest halves, the contest judges will hold a random drawing
of the tied eligible entries to determine a prize winner.
- REGISTRATION: Players must register for an account
and log-in using their username and password to submit picks for
each race. One account per person. Total scores from different
accounts cannot and will not be combined.
- You must supply a valid email address when creating an account.
Email addresses that are found to be bad or unknown will invalidate
- Delmarva Broadcasting is not responsible for lost entries,
technical difficulties, acts of God, and any other issues that may
cause problems with playing the contest.
- Employees, agents, successors, assignees, advertising agencies,
promotional companies, immediate family members, household members,
sponsors, agents, affiliates, parent companies, vendors, and suppliers
of Delmarva Broadcasting Company, and
others acting on their behalf are ineligible to participate.
- Prize Winners waive any and all claims of liability against the
contest sponsors for any damages, injuries, or other losses which
relate directly to the contest.
- Prize Winners are responsible for paying any and all taxes
associated with the prizes.
- Prize Winners' names and their likenesses may be used by
Delmarva Broadcasting for promotional purposes without further
compensation to winners.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- Delmarva Broadcasting reserves the right to disqualify or
modify any entry for any reason.
- Rules subject to change without notice.
- Contest judges' decisions are final.
Checkered Flag Challenge home page.