KARDASHIANS BLOCK BLAC CHYNA FROM USING THEIR FAMOUS NAME
The Kardashians are apparently opposing future sister-in-law Blac Chyna's attempt to use their last name for profit.
Attorney Walter Mosley admits he was "shocked" by Kim, Kourtney and Khloe's legal filing to block Chyna from trademarking the name Angela Renee Kardashian — but he says he's not too worried about the outcome.
- "The Kardashians, like Angela and my other clients are very protective of our marks, I think for us this is going to be clear case win, because it's actually her name, it's not a poaching," Mosley said.
- "I would hope that this is just a junior lawyer's error..." Chyna (born Angela Renee White) is engaged to the famous trio's brother, Rob Kardashian, and gave birth last month to their first child together, a daughter they've named Dream.
LEONARDO DICAPRIO MET WITH TRUMP TO DISCUSS THE ENVIRONMENT
Leonardo DiCaprio met with Donald Trump on Wednesday to talk about the environment.
The Oscar winner, the president-elect, Ivanka Trump and Terry Tamminen, CEO of the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation, had a meeting at Trump Tower in New York City to discuss how jobs centering on preserving the environment can boost the economy.
- DiCaprio and Tamminen reportedly presented Trump's team with a "framework" on how renewable, clean energy could create millions of jobs.
- Green issues have long been a pet cause of DiCaprio's, and he's also been an outspoken advocate for actions that prevent climate change.
- His latest documentary on the crisis, Before The Flood, premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival in October. He gave Ivanka Trump a DVD of the film earlier this week.
CANDACE CAMERON BURE ANNOUNCES THAT SHE'S LEAVING 'THE VIEW'
Candace Cameron Bure has announced that she will be leaving The View. "It's a little bittersweet today because I'm announcing that I will be leaving The View," she announced on the show yesterday.
"It wasn't an easy decision. Before I started The View, I already had my commitments to Fuller House and the Hallmark Channel...Because of the success of those, my commitments have become even greater with those shows," Candace continued.
- "I want to make sure I'm able to spend enough time with my children," she added. "I tried to be Superwoman, but I'm not.... I thank everybody—Whoopi, Joy...for welcoming me to this table. I've learned so much from you and I'm so grateful for you."
- Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Paula Faris, Sara Haines, Sunny Hostin and Jedediah Bila remain with the show, which has seen a revolving cast of hosts since the show was launched in 1997.
- Raven-Symone also left the show this year, for the reboot of That's So Raven.
MAISIE WILLIAMS' PRIVATE PHOTOS WERE STOLEN AND LEAKED ONLINE
Maisie Williams, who plays the character Arya Stark on Game of Thrones, recently fell victim to someone who stole her private photos and distributed them online without her permission.
Vacation pictures featuring the 19-year-old actress sitting on a rock while topless, and undressing with a group of friends near the ocean were posted on her private social media account and then re-posted on public websites like Reddit.
- Her rep confirmed that the photos are real. "The images online were shared from Maisie's personal social media account," the rep explained.
- "The images are not explicit in nature, but pictures of Maisie and close friends at a spa at a recent visit in Japan."
- Williams recently traveled to Japan to protest dolphin hunting and the usage of the animals in stage shows.
SOFIA VERGARA'S LAWYER RESPONDS TO LAWSUIT BY HER EMBRYOS
Sofía Vergara's attorney spoke out about reports the actress is being sued by her own embryos in an ongoing legal battle with former fiancé Nick Loeb.
The right-to-live lawsuit was filed on behalf of the fertilized eggs, listed as plaintiffs "Emma" and "Isabella," on Tuesday in Louisiana.
- Loeb and Vergara created the embryos in 2013 and Loeb has since been battling to have them carried to term and then take custody.
- "This latest maneuver is nothing more than another attempt on the part of Mr. Loeb to keep himself in the public eye by keeping himself linked to Ms. Vergara," her attorney explained yesterday.
- Loeb's suit comes just one week before a judge was expected to dismiss his bid to get control of the embryos. Vergara's lawyer expects the new action to "result in failure."
JENNA DEWANT TATUM DISHES ON SEX WITH CHANNING: Jenna Dewan Tatum is letting it all hang out in an interview for Cosmopolitan's January 2017 issue. The dancer, who is married to actor Channing Tatum, spills: "I've always been a very sexual person. We definitely have a very happy and healthy sex life. Something about being a dancer connects you to your physical body. It's primal, earthy, sexual energy by nature. You feel your body in a certain way. Channing is very much the same way. He's very in tune with that." The couple, both 36, met on the set of 2006 film Step Up. Check out the full piece, full of juicy details, linked below.
WILL SMITH SAYS COLLATERAL BEAUTY HELPED HIM HEAL FROM FATHER'S DEATH: Collateral Beauty was filmed while Will Smith's father, William Carroll Smith, was dying. He sat down with Ellen DeGeneres on Ellen Thursday to discuss the tough time and, ironically, how it helped him heal: "What was really interesting was that I got the screenplay right when my father was diagnosed. So I have this screenplay and I'm doing all of this research about a guy who experiences death at a time when my father is given six weeks." He goes on: "But it turned out to be such an amazing thing to have to work through and go through all of this… The performance for me and the movie for me are so deeply personal. He passed about a month ago, but it was so beautiful to have the opportunity and to share this and to go and not hide from it."
MEL GIBSON STANDS BY NATE PARKER: Mel Gibson, no stranger to controversy, is standing by Nate Parker, director of The Birth of a Nation, who was accused (and acquitted) of raping a female classmate in the 1990s. When that revelation, along with the information that the classmate in question committed suicide in 2012, the much-buzzed about film was sidelined by critics and viewers alike. Gibson, for one, doesn't think it's fair: "He was cleared of all that stuff. And it was years ago. You have to follow the system there. I think he's innocent of all that stuff. The fact that he has to live with that stigma, and that it affects the art he does, is unfair." Check out Gibson's full perspective in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, below.
SANDRA BULLOCK, RIHANNA IDULGE IN PAPAYA HOT DOGS: Girls gotta eat! Sandra Bullock and Rihanna are filming Ocean's Eight and during a filming break the duo was spotted at New York City favorite Papaya King chowing down on hot dogs and French fries. They appeared to having a blast during lunch, chatting and laughing throughout. The cast includes Cate Blanchett, Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway, Mindy Kaling, Awkwafina and Sarah Paulson.
KHLOE KARDASHIAN ROCKS SEXY GQ COVER SHOOT: Khloe Kardashian claims that it took a "beauty village" to prep her for a steamy GQ cover shoot – and it shows! The 32-year-old shared photos from her sexy shoot for GQ Germany on Instagram, which featured skimpy bodysuits, vavavoom legs clad in thigh-high boots and muscle cars. Check out the shots she shared, below.
FIRST OFFICIAL SPIDER-MAN IMAGE APPEARS: The first official Spider-Man: Homecoming art surfaced online Thursday ahead of the release of the first trailer. USA Today exclusively revealed the promo image, along with new story details. The film, directed by Jon Watts, focuses on Peter (played by Tom Holland) attending high school and trying to impress benefactor Tony Stark (played by Robert Downey Jr.). Link to full 411 + images below.
BAYWATCH TEASER TRAILER RELEASED: The first look at Paramount's upcoming Baywatch movie reboot debuted Thursday. Inspired by the long-running TV show, the film features Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Zac Efron as bickering lifeguards Mitch Buchannon (Johnson) and Matt Brody (Efron). The Seth Gordon-directed film also stars Priyanka Chopra, Alexandra Daddario and Kelly Rohrbach. It is set to hit theaters on May 26th, 2017. Check it out below.
BOTCHED IS RENEWED FOR SEASON 4: The hit E! series Botched featuring Doctors Paul Nassif and Terry Dubrow, plus patients experiencing challenging surgeries, has been renewed for Season 4. The season will be comprised of 18 episodes. Botched will return this spring with all-new episodes for the conclusion of Season 3.
AMAZON STUDIOS NEARS DEAL WITH THE AERONAUTS: After a round of bidding, Amazon Studios is close to shaking hands on Jack Thorne's spec script The Aeronauts, Deadline reports. The show, based on the epic true story of balloon pilot Amelia Wren and scientist James Claisher, will be directed by Tom Harper.
VICE PARTNERS WITH THE GUARDIAN ON NEWS: Vice Media and the Guardian are partnering to provide Vice with access to investigative news reporting from a unit of Guardian reporters. In exchange, the U.K. paper will have access to Vice's video production skills, distribution platform and young audience. Under the terms. Special Reports that are co-branded will air across Vice's news offerings, including Vice on HBO and Vice Specials.